Monday 5 November 2012

22nd Birthday Speech

Scheduled this post just before the day ends.
First off, Happy Birthday to myself. This year has been a fruitful year for me. Actually every year I find it fruitful. Every year I lost some things, but gain others. This year, I lost some friends, but found new friends, and renewed my friendship with some friends.

Let's conclude up my 21st year of life on planet Earth.
Continued from last year, I finished my third year of undergraduate studies. I cried alot, because of some misunderstandings. I apologized for things I didn't feel I was wrong, yet I was still not forgiven. But I still moved on optimistically.

This year, I went to Taiwan with Bf. It was horrible, planning for the trip. Since it was my first time going to Taiwan and first time planning for a trip, there were so many times to research and plan. But I am glad to have someone who loves me and tolerates my short temper and unreasonable requests. Thank you baby.

What was different from other years was that this year, I participated in a Dove event. It was my first bimbo event that I ever participated. Met new people, some bimbo-ish, some not. Was super lucky to be selected to be featured in Cosmopolitan Singapore (aka Magazine). Something I never thought that it will happen. Though I was quite embarrassed by the article say I have a bald patch on my head (which is not true, I simply said the hairs on the crown was lesser, or maybe I did mentioned I have a small patch on my head), I enjoyed the process of interview, make up, hair do and photoshoot. Smiled until my jaws went numb and my smiles were spastic.

Went to work part-time for a friend as Telemarketer. Saw the ugly side of Singaporeans, but made new friends, learnt about the reins of an insurance agent/financial planner.

This year I enter my final phrase of undergraduate life in August. Things didn't go smoothly the moment school started. Felt the lost of a friend, cried in class for the first time, quarrelled, bad moods. But I think it might be sorted out by now, hopefully nothing bad/worse happens again. But let's take things slow shall we?

This year, a friendship was renewed. I appreciate her effort to contact and organize the gatherings. It's been awhile, but I truly enjoyed the laughter and the time spent with them. I do not have to worry about faking my expressions, because I know they know my character  and personality and still would be my friends. Thank you. I hope too that our newly renewed friendship will last forever this time. (:

As I grow a year older, my shoulders seem to be getting heavier and heavier, with more burdens starting to build up. I want to give my parents a better life. Everyday I pray they can live happily ever after, with great health. I want to earn more money so that I can provide them with the better life that I envisioned, and also enough money for me to get a house with the person I love and start a family with him.

I have aims that I hope to achieve. But I need to work hard towards my aims in order to achieve my goals. It's almost the end of the road to finish Stage I now. I need to push myself harder to not give up and work towards my goal. I suppose it is not too late now, to put all my efforts in so that I do not regret in the future that I had not worked hard enough. 

Every year, my 3 birthday wishes are the same. This year will be no different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment